> 30 min
Our surprise cake, filled with hidden Smarties, is a hit with kids and adults alike.
> 30 min
Approx. 1h40 min
- 1Cream the soft butter, egg yolks, sugar and salt until light and fluffy.
- 2Add the melted chocolate.
- 3Add the ground almonds, flour and baking powder.
- 4Beat the egg whites until stiff and carefully fold them into the mixture.
- 5Put the mixture into a tin (Ø 22cm).
- 6Bake for 45min in an oven at 180°C.
- 7When the cake has cooled down, cut it horizontally in the middle. Then cut a hole in the middle of the bottom layer using a round pastry cutter.
- 8Let the cake pieces cool down. Fill the cake's hole with Smarties® and cover them with the cake lid to hide them.
- 9For the ganache: chop up the chocolate and place in a bowl. Bring the cream to the boil and pour into the chocolate. Mix thoroughly and let it cool down until the mixture is lukewarm. Add the soft butter and mix again.
- 10Cover the cake with the ganache while it is still warm.