> 30 min
Our surprise cake, filled with hidden Smarties, is a hit with kids and adults alike.
> 30 min
Approx. 1h40 min
- 1Beat the softened butter, egg yolks, sugar and salt until light and fluffy.
- 2Add the melted chocolate.
- 3Then add the ground almonds, flour and baking powder.
- 4Beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks and carefully fold them into the mixture.
- 5Put the mixture into a tin (Ø 22 cm).
- 6Cook for 45 mins in an oven at 180 °C.
- 7When cake has cooled, cut it in halve and take a round pastry cutter to cut out a hole in the center of the base layer
- 8Fill the first cake's hole with Smarties and cover them with the cake lid to hide them.
- 9For the ganache: Chop up the chocolate and place the pieces in a bowl. Bring the cream to the boil and pour it into the chocolate. Mix thoroughly and leave the mixture to cool down. Add the soft butter and mix again. Use the ganache before it has complete