Vacherin Glacé, Meringues
Equipment: either a 28 cm x 10 cm x 7 cm cake mould or individual moulds
Vacherin Glacé, Meringues (to be made the day before)
- Pour the cream and sugar into a chilled bowl. Using an electric whisk, beat the mixture until firm.
- Add the crumbled meringues and mix in gently.
- Line the cake mould with clingfilm, pour in the cream and meringue mixture, cover with clingfilm and place in the freezer for two hours.
- Place the water, double cream, whole milk and sugar into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and add to the saucepan, stir and cook on a low heat for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally and put to one side.
Remove from the mould just before serving and serve a generous spoonful of chocolate sauce on each slice of vacherin glacé.
Hints & Tips
Just before serving, you can place a few crushed, roasted hazlenuts over each serving of vacherin glacé.