Half and half chocolate spread
Equipment: 4 glass pots with lids
- Place the almonds and hazelnuts on a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper and bake at 150°C for 10 minutes until golden.
- Leave to cool and rub the almond and hazelnuts between your hands to remove the skins.
- In a saucepan, bring the milk, powdered milk and honey to the boil.
- Using a food mixer, reduce the almonds and hazelnuts to a paste.
- Break both the milk and dark chocolate into pieces and melt in a bain marie or in the microwave. Add the melted chocolate to the mixer and then pour in the boiling milk and honey mixture, mix for a few seconds, then pour through a sieve into the pots.
HINTS & TIPS
This homemade spread, free from additives and preservatives, can be kept in the fridge for eight to ten days. A gourmet gift idea?