Chocolate surprise with strawberry, mint and mascarpone
Discover Cailler’s chocolate recipes: Chocolate surprise with strawberry, mint and mascarpone
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 °C. Grease 2 cake tins of approx. 30 cm in diameter.
- Break the chocolate, cut the butter and melt them in a bain-marie.
- Mix the chocolate powder and the flour and set to one side.
- Break the eggs into a mixing bowl, add the sugar and whip together.
- Add the melted chocolate and butter to the egg-sugar mix, stir until smooth, then add the flour-chocolate powder mix.
- Spread the mixture out in the baking trays, with a thickness of 5-7 mm. Place in the oven for 15-16 mins, then leave to cool.
- During this time, wash, trim and cut 16 of the strawberries into thin slices and dice the remaining 4 strawberries. Wash and chop the mint. In a bowl, mix the mascarpone, the 2 tablespoons of icing sugar and the chopped mint.
- When the chocolate cake has cooled, cut out circles of around 7-8 cm in diameter using a cookie cutter or a glass. Cut out 18 circles.
- Decoration: take a chocolate cake circle, cover it in the mascarpone mix, add the strawberry slices. Create a second layer. Finally add another layer and decorate it with strawberries and mint. Serve immediately. Dark chocolate fans can use CAILLER CUISINE NOIR 64%.