- Place the dark chocolate in the bain-marie and melt it.
- Beat egg, yolks and sugar in a bain-marie until a thick and pale mixture is achieved; remove from heat and continue beating until the mixture has cooled to room temperature.
- Fold first the melted chocolate and then the whipped cream into the egg mixture and add the chopped chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into a flat dish and freeze for 4 to 6 hours.
- Using a spoon, scoop the semifreddo into individual cups or glasses, decorate with chopped chocolate, and serve.
Set-up and preparation: approx. 20 min.
Cooling time: approx. 4 to 6 h
Material: flat oven dish measuring approx. 20 × 30 cm, bain-marie, whisks, bowls, spatulas, knife, chopping board