Chocolate mousse with cracknel
Preparation time: approx. 20 mins
Chilling time: approx. 1½ h
- Mix condensed milk with coffee powder, cover and chill for approx. 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in a thin-walled bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, stir in cream.
- Whisk the condensed milk mixture until frothy (see Tip 1). Add chocolate mixture and transfer to a piping bag with a star nozzle (approx. 1 cm Ø).
- Caramelize sugar and water in a sauté pan. Add almonds and roast until pale brown. Allow mixture to cool on baking parchment. Finely crush cracknel (see Tip 2).
- Spoon alternating layers of mousse and almond cracknel into glasses.
Tip 1: Whisk the condensed milk mixture with a hand mixer until frothy.
Tip 2: Use a rolling pin to crush cracknel finely in a plastic freezing bag.