Baked chocolate crème brûlée
- Heat the milk and the cream and add the vanilla.
- Mix the sugar with the egg yolks gently in a separate bowl.
- Pour the boiled cream gently onto the egg yolks and add the chocolate pieces.
- Once the chocolate has melted, strain the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into small ovenproof glasses.
- Bake at 100°C for 20 to 25 minutes until the mixture has slightly thickened.
- When cool, sprinkle sugar and caramelise using a blowlamp.
Tip: to speed up the baking time, you can warm the finished mixture to 60°C in a bain-marie before putting it into the baking dishes.
Tip: if your oven is very hot, you can place the baking dishes in a water bath to prevent the cream from curdling. Don’t have a bain-marie for your home oven? Our suggestion: place the glasses in an ovenproof dish and fill the dish 2/3 full with hot water.
Material: 6 small ovenproof glasses, blowlamp, bowl, whisk