Chocolate mousse with cracknel
Skip to main content
15 - 30 min
Our take on chocolate mousse includes an almond cracknel for a variety of flavours and textures.
INGREDIENTS & KITCHEN USTENSILS
For 4 glasses of approx. 100 ml each
- 200g dark chocolate Cailler Cuisine, crumbled
- 200g sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder (e.g. Nescafé Gold Blend)
- 1 dl cream
- 30g sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 25g almonds, coarsely chopped
- 4 glasses
- a bowl
- a hand mixer
- a pan
- a wooden spoon
- a piping bag
15 - 30 min
- 1Mix condensed milk with coffee powder, cover and chill for approx. 30 minutes.
- 2Melt the chocolate in a thin-walled bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, stir in boiled cream.
- 3Cool to 35°C
- 4Whisk the condensed milk mixture until frothy (see tip 1). Add chocolate mixture and transfer to a piping bag with a star nozzle (approx. 1 cm Ø).
- 5Caramelize sugar and water in a sauté pan. Add almonds and roast until pale brown. Allow mixture to cool on baking parchment. Finely crush cracknel (see tip 2).
- 6Pipe alternating layers of mousse and almond cracknel into glasses.
1. Whisk the condensed milk mixture with a hand mixer until frothy.
2. Use a rolling pin to crush cracknel finely in a plastic freezing bag.