Chocolate and almond cake
Skip to main content
> 30 min
The secret to our Chocoloate & Almond cake is in the egg whites - fold them in gently, keeping in as much air as possible, for a light, delicate sponge.
INGREDIENTS AND EQUIPMENTS
For approx. 15 slices
- 200 g Cailler Cuisine Noir 64%, crumbled
- 200 g butter, softened
- 200 g pure cane sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 egg yolks
- 120 g flour
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 75 g ground almonds
- 6 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 1/2 lemon zest
- a cake tin of approx. 28cm, greased with ground almonds
- two bowls
- a spatula
- a sauce pan
- a whisk
> 30 min
- 1Whisk butter, sugar, salt and egg yolks with hand mixer until the mixture turns paler.
- 2Melt chocolate (see tip 1), add.
- 3Mix flour, baking powder and almonds, fold into the mixture.
- 4Fold stiffly beaten egg whites into the dough (see tip 2), pour mixture into the prepared cake form.
- 5Bake approx. 45 minutes in the middle of oven preheated to 200°C.
Melt the chocolate in a thin-walled bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, stir until smooth.
Take a quarter of the sugar to whip the egg whites to get a better stability.